Support this Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Yellow Wedding Shoes to the Rescue


This letter came to us from Janet Mason of Deer Park, NY.
Like every girl, I wanted my wedding to be perfect. I wanted every detail planned out, and I wanted the plan followed to the letter. Well, everything did not go as planned, and you know what? Everything turned out just fine.

You see, the night before my wedding, my girl friends threw me a party across town in a hotel.

The next morning, we all woke late and were rushed. We went back to my house, and hurriedly got dressed. I left my running shoes on and planned to change them at the church, but when we got to the church, they could not be found.

What was I supposed to do? I paid $400.00 for them because they perfectly matched my dress and the wedding décor of the church and reception area.

Well, there was my friend Lisa. She also spent a small fortune on shoes to match but hers were yellow, and mine were white. She offered to let me wear hers, and I gratefully accepted.

Lisa had to wear my running shoes at my wedding. It’s funny because she later told me how comfortable her feet were that entire afternoon.

She’s a great friend, and I learned that all is well that ends well, even if it is not according to plan.

No comments: