Support this Blog

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wedding Cake Surprise

This letter is from James Talbot of Plain Dealing, Louisiana.

First of all, this isn’t what you think. Well this is not “only” what you think. Yes, we did the wedding cake mouth-stuffing that most newlyweds do, but I’m talking about another kind of “surprise”.

When I crammed the piece of cake into my bride’s mouth, she discovered something was in her serving. It turned out being a lottery ticket.

There was no way this ticket was legit. Surely nothing could come of it, right? Let me tell you, that ticket won 4.4 million dollars!

I was like, “Let’s go party!”

My wife was like, “That money isn’t ours. That ticket belongs to someone else.” Upon hearing this, I shot her an “Are you crazy?“ look. She shot one back that said, “I’ll feel so guilty for the rest of my life if I take this money.”

I gave in. We called the cake company and asked if anyone had complained of losing anything.

Turns out the baker, whose families birthdays he used to choose the numbers had actually lost the thing.

To make a long story short, we gave the baker the ticket back. He have us a reward of $250.000. It was party time after all.

No comments: