Support this Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Silly White Horse Saddle Slider Western Wedding

This Came From Sarah R.  of Rocky Branch, LA

I read the story of the Grand Canyon Wedding posted on your site and laughed my tail off! After reading it, I had to share my own story.


My husband and I are big fans of the television show, “Walker: Texas Ranger” and we wanted a wedding with the feel of a modern western where everyone had cowboy hats and boots on.


After the outdoor wedding, my husband and I were going to ride away on a white horse.


We rented the horse and the saddle but I didn’t know how to put it on him. I assumed all men knew how to do that so I didn’t question Tom’s ability to do so.


So, there we were following the ceremony. Tom mounted the horse, then reached down to help me up. As soon as my weight was off the ground, the saddle slid.


It was funny because I tried to catch Tom as he fell over, and I fell flat on my back. He fell sprawled out on top of me with his face buried deep in my cleavage!


Seeing we weren’t hurt, people started laughing. My brother-in-law remarked, “Can’t you wait till you get a room?”

No comments: