Support this Blog

Saturday, January 08, 2011

"Spring" Wedding Marriage Proposal



From F. Hopkins of Louisiana.
This story involves a frog, water, and spring.

I knew she wanted to get married, but I kept putting it off. Then she threatened to break up so I decided she was going to have to work for her proposal.

It was February 14, 2009 when I popped the question. Let me tell you how I did it.

It was first thing in the morning when she gave me my Valentine’s gift; a box of chocolates. I told her then that she’d get her gift later.

That evening she was pressing me for her gift, and he kept asking me about it. Finally, I gave in. I sat her in the living room chair, saying, “I’ll be right back”.


I went to the garage, picked up the shoebox, went to the kitchen, got a glass of water, a pen, and a calendar.


I set the stuff down on the coffee table and asked, “what do each of these have in common”? I flipped the calendar to April, and I pulled a document from my pocket.


She watched me, then said, “what?”


I said, “Open the shoebox..”
She put the box on her lap, removed the lid, and right on queue, a frog sprang out. She jumped to her feat with a yell.. She said, “I’m gonna kill you!”


I said, “You aren’t done yet. What do these things have in common? After a minute, I asked, “give up?”


She didn’t answer. I said, “They all have the word ‘spring’ in common. The frog springs, the pen has a spring in it, the water came from a spring, and the calendar is opened to the spring season.


She asked, “Spring?” Her eyes were wide with wonder as I handed her the document while reaching into my other pocket.

She unfolded the document, and I waited; watching here face for signs of comprehension. When she started looking up I saw she understood. “A Spring Wedding?” She asked tearfully. I went to one knee, and took her hand. I said, “if you’ll have me. Will you?” I asked.

She started jumping up and down. “Yes… Yes…Yes. I will marry you!”

No comments: