Support this Blog

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Skydiver Wedding

Tom Argile of Clay Park, Georgia sent in this story and a picture

I was watching the bride and groom tie the knot when I noticed a skydiver floating to Earth in the distance.

As the Preacher said, “You may kiss the bride.” all the seated guests were watching as the skydiver’s parachute became entangled in some power lines.

They guy was hanging there with his arms flailing about.

The groom, I didn’t know then, used to be an airborne ranger in the army. Tux and all, I saw him jump into action. I don’t think I ever saw a guy move that fast.

He quickly kissed his bride and took off running. He moved like lightening. Within 45 seconds he was beneath the skydiver. “Are you okay?” he yelled. The diver said he was but couldn’t reach his chute releases. The groom reached into his pocket and produced a knife. He yelled, “Catch!” as he tossed the knife.

A few moments later the skydiver was sawing at the chute straps.

The skydiver looked down tentatively before sawing the last strap.

The groom yelled, “I’ll break your fall!” And the diver fell.

And the groom broke his fall.

The groom invited the skydiver to the reception, and I (the photographer) got some good pictures.

No comments: